Well, I haven't been writing much lately. Which is understandable, given how much I suck at being consistent with site updates.

But I found a bit of time to update to the latest version of Ghost. It was a bit of a pain, because so much time it passed since last time that the new version didn't even accept the import data from my old one, so I had to create a script to translate the json from my version (I was in version code "004" according to the exported json file) to the new one.

I haven't cleaned it up or anything but it might help someone, so I'm gonna drop my bit of code here:

const loadJsonFile = require('load-json-file');
const converter = require('@tryghost/html-to-mobiledoc');
const fs = require('fs');

function migrateUser(user) {
    return {
        id: user.id,
        name: user.name,
        slug: user.slug,
        email: user.email,
        profile_image: user.image,
        cover_image: user.cover,
        bio: user.bio,
        website: user.website,
        location: user.location,
        accessibility: user.accessibility,
        status: user.status,
        language: user.language,
        meta_title: user.meta_title,
        meta_description: user.meta_description,
        last_login: user.last_login,
        created_at: user.created_at,
        created_by: user.created_by,
        updated_at: user.updated_at,
        updated_by: user.updated_by
    };
}

function migratePost(post) {
    const mobiledoc = JSON.stringify(converter.toMobiledoc(post.html));
    return {
        id: post.id,
        title: post.title,
        slug: post.slug,
        mobiledoc: mobiledoc,
        html: post.html,
        feature_image: post.image,
        featured: post.featured,
        page: post.page,
        status: post.status,
        language: post.language,
        meta_title: post.meta_title,
        meta_description: post.meta_description,
        author_id: post.author_id,
        created_at: post.created_at,
        created_by: post.created_by,
        updated_at: post.updated_at,
        updated_by: post.updated_by,
        published_at: post.published_at,
        published_by: post.published_by
    };
}

// change your file name here
loadJsonFile('nacho-lopez.ghost.2018-10-24.json').then(json => {
    const migration = {};
    // meta
    migration.meta = {
        exported_on: 1540415441619,
        version: "2.1.0"
    };

    const newData = {};
    migration.data = newData;
    const originalData = json.db[0].data;

    // users
    const newUsers = [];
    newData.users = newUsers;

    migration.data = newData;

    originalData.users.map((user) => {
        newUsers.push(migrateUser(user));
    });

    // tags
    const newTags = [];
    newData.tags = newTags;
    originalData.tags.map((tag) => {
        newTags.push({
            id: tag.id,
            name: tag.name,
            slug: tag.slug,
            description: tag.description
        });
    });

    // posts tags
    const newPostsTags = [];
    newData.posts_tags = newPostsTags;
    originalData.posts_tags.map((postTag) => {
        newPostsTags.push({
            tag_id: postTag.tag_id,
            post_id: postTag.post_id
        });
    });

    // posts
    const newPosts = [];
    newData.posts = newPosts;
    originalData.posts.map((post) => {
        newPosts.push(migratePost(post));
    });

    fs.writeFile("migrated_data.json", JSON.stringify(migration), (err) =>{
        if (err) {
            console.log("There was an error: ", err);
        } else {
            console.log("Migration written to migrated_data.json");
        }
    });
});

And the package.json, for your sweet dependencies:

{
  "name": "migrate-ghost",
  "version": "1.0.0",
  "description": "Migrating between ghost pre 1.0 and 2.0",
  "main": "index.js",
  "author": "Nacho Lopez",
  "license": "MIT",
  "dependencies": {
    "@tryghost/html-to-mobiledoc": "^0.1.2",
    "load-json-file": "^5.1.0"
  }
}

I am sure there are multiple old articles with broken syntax highlighting, my bad. I fixed it manually in the ones with more activity, but the rest...

Sorry!